Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Slim Calm Sexy Yoga

     I used to work in an understaffed nursing home as a Nursing Aide, and my body was constantly stiff. Now before I got the Job I loved to stretch, but since I got the job, oddly my flexibility decreased, and I found I needed to stretch more. I came home so stiff and sore sometimes it hurt to stand.

     Yoga had always appealed to me because it was strengthening, lengthening and stretching the muscles, so FINALLY I purchased this yoga book and DVD I had seen on womenshealthmag.com called Slim Calm Sexy Yoga. It's an amazing buy, filled with beautiful glossy colored pages with detailed descriptions and instructions on each move, and some routines. It's just a beautiful product. The Accompanying DVD is amazing and wonderful as well.

     Even though I had always stretched before, yoga was different to me, some moves felt awkward and at times were more uncomfortable than anything. Well the more I did them the better they felt and the less awkward they became. Literally, every time I did a move or a routine I saw improvement. One move especially was the downward facing dog. At first it was too awkward to hold for a breath or two, I was sliding all over the place and my arms and legs were just wrong, but I just forced myself to hold as long as I I could until I reached the recommended time (five to ten breaths) and now my form is improving.

     Anyways, the point is, yoga is different but its great. Sometimes a little awkward at first but it's worth the perseverance. Yoga can by as intense or relaxing as you want. You can do a move or two to loosen up or a whole routine that works and stretches the entire body. There are yoga routines to help you sleep, help you wake up, to ease a headache, assist with orgasms and fertility, help with anxiety and metabolism. Whatever you need yoga to do, it can. So if you are looking for a switch or something to add to a preexisting fitness regimen, give it a try. You feel and see the accomplishments.

If you are unfamiliar with yoga check out Slim Calm Sexy Yoga by Tara Stiles. It's a great place to start I think. It can by found at www.rodale.com

There's my two cents, I hope you enjoy,
Jessi Harm

No comments:

Post a Comment