Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Other tools you need and Mimi G Style Lesson 1: Sewing Basics

Hey everyone,

I said I would make a video but I know there are lots of people who are much better versed, experienced and knowledgeable so I decided I was going to share one of theirs. I recently got some Mimi G Syle patterns on sale and she also does a sew-along with her patterns on her youtube channel. After browsing her videos I saw she does a basic series videos too so I decided to share her with you. This video talks about everything from machine basics, tools needed, and understanding pattern packets. I started the video at 10:45 but if you want to watch the whole thing, please do. There are many other great videos on her site. She has videos that go more in depth with what I have talked about before, and of course, the sew alongs I mentioned. I am going to link some of my favorite channels below that I visit often too. It's important to have a good reference base and the best way to do this is by checking out many different designer and points of view. There are sewing rules and staples that will never change, but everyone brings something special to the table.

Also, Check out my little black book on my blog, the Curvy Sewing Collective is a great resource. Geared toward curvier women, but easy to follow tutorials for adjustments and other need to knows. They also have a very active facebook forum under the same name. American Duchess and Before the Automobile are great if you need inspiration and want to see amazing era recreations. I get so envious and motivated when I view their stuff. I looooooooove those sites. Lastly, Pinterest and StumbleUpon are great resources for information too.



https://www.youtube.com/user/madetosew/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/ProfessorPincushion/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/SewOverIt/videos 

Enjoy and have a great day!!!
Jessi Harm

No comments:

Post a Comment